- Status in VT: Declined by 4% (165 to 158 blocks). Greatest loss in the Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data in VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B
- Other atlases: NY: -6%; PA: -7%; MD: -3%; ON: -10%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Riparian nesting habitat subject to loss or degradation resulting from channelization, river bank stabilization, and recreational use.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Protection of riparian habitat.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds