- Status in VT: Decreased by 10% (165 to 149 blocks). Greatest decrease in Northeastern Highlands.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B
- Other atlases: NY: -3%; PA: 3%; MD: stable; ON: -20%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is near the northern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Forest maturation; loss of habitat resulting from change in land use patterns, especially development.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No specific recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds