- Status in VT: Increased by 7% (122 to 131 blocks). Greatest increase in Taconic Mountains.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S5B; SGCN-H
- Other atlases: NY: 4%; PA: -6%; MD -48%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Causes unknown.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Retain and expand forest openings; set back succession of maturing forestlands.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds