- Status in VT: Decreased by 8% (96 to 88 blocks). Greatest decrease in Southern Vermont Piedmont. Decrease somewhat offset by increases in Taconic Mountains and Vermont Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4S5B
- Other atlases: NY: 4%; PA: -29%; ON: 12%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Loss of critical wintering habitat (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds