- Status in VT: Increased by 314% (35 to 145 blocks). Greatest increases in Northern Green Mountains and Northern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4
- Other atlases: NY: 133%; PA: 48%; MD: 211%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the northeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Continued expansion of population following earlier reintroduction program.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Continue current management and harvesting practices (limited spring harvesting, Wild Turkey brood survey).
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds