- Status in VT: Increased by 158% (52 to 134 blocks). Greatest increase in Northeastern Highlands and Northern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3S4B
- Other atlases: NY: 71%; PA: 12%; MD: -6%; ON: probability of observation doubled province-wide.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the northeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Banning of DDT (?); global warming (?); increase in number of road kills (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Protect potential nest sites from disturbance during early summer.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds