- Status in VT: Increased by 150% (4 to 10 blocks). Greatest increase in Champlain Valley.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S3B; SSC; SGCN-M
- Other atlases: NY: 17%; PA: -4%; MD: -29%; ON: 74%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the northeastern edge of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in early-succesional stage habitat due to farmland abandonment.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Maintain power line rights-of-way in an early-successional stage.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds