- Status in VT: First Atlas: two Possible records. Second Atlas: Two Observed records in Champlain Valley. No breeding records in the state’s history.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank SNA
- Other atlases: ON: no change; PA: May be a new breeding species in the state
- VT’s role in North American range: A regular migrant that may linger through summer.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change. Continues to be an occasional summer visitor to Champlain Valley.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:No current recommendations.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds