- Status in VT: Increased by 188% (26 to 75 blocks). Greatest increase in Southern Vermont Piedmont.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank S4B; S2N
- Other atlases: NY: 111%; PA: 185%; ON: 80%
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is within the core of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: Increase in beaver population (?); maturation of forests (?).
- Management/Monitoring recommendations: Maintenance of high water quality to reduce turbidity and support integrity of food chains.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds