- Status in VT: No change. One Confirmed breeding record during first Atlas-none during second.
- Data from other research: No additional data for VT.
- Conservation status: State rank SNRB
- Other atlases: NY: 10%; PA: -16%; ON: no sig. change.
- VT’s role in North American range: VT is in the northeastern corner of the range.
- Causes of change since first Atlas: No change. Potential threats include: decrease in water quality due to pollution and turbidity; subsequent decrease in submerged vegetation on which this species depends.
- Management/Monitoring recommendations:Protection of wetlands from disturbance.
First Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (1976-1981)
Second Vermont Breeding Bird Atlas (2003 – 2007)
Change in Distribution
Encyclopedia of Life
All About Birds